The Quate CMS is a simple, user-friendly, flexible and customizable website content management system. It is known to run on any server with recent PHP (4.3.x+) and MySQL versions. The Quate CMS is released under the GNU General Public License.
- Free and open source. Licensed under the GPL.
- Clean and simple article URL addresses for pages.
- Fast interface - not bloatware.
- Extensions engine to provide additional features when needed.
- PHP 4 and 5 intercompatible. Also operating system intercompatible.
- Supports multilingual pages for websites that need different pages with different translations.
- Customizable - The main Quate CMS interface is so simple, it is difficult to tell if website is using the Quate CMS. They don't require a link back to theirs site. It's your site, not theirs.
There are only a few server requirements to run the QuateCMS:
- PHP 4.3 or higher.
- MySQL 3 or higher.
If you do not know if you meet the requirements, the QuateCMS installer will run checks before starting the installation process.
If you're feeling lucky, you can go ahead and try development builds. Development builds are incomplete, experimental, buggy, and are for testing purposes only. If you are a curious type, check out the git repository for this project.
The development branch has been re-worked significantly from the 0.3 series. Some features from previous versions have not yet made it into the alpha release.
Some of the notable changes include:
- Clean and simple article URL addresses.
- Page revision history saves older versions of your pages.
- Caching system for better performance.
- Support for MySQL, SQLite 2, and PostgreSQL databases.