The incredible WordPress blog platform today sees it's 3.0 final release. WordPress 3 brings a significant number of improvements including, but not limited to:
- new default theme: Twenty Ten (screenshot)
- new APIs that allow them to easily implement custom backgrounds, headers, shortlinks, menus (no more file editing), post types, and taxonomies.
- a long awaited merge of MU and WordPress, creating the new multi-site functionality which makes it possible to run one blog or ten million from the same installation.
- a lighter overall feel with contextual help on every screen.
- bulk plugin updating! (this kills off one of our largest pet peeves.. bless your hearts WP dev team)
Here's a video highlighting the changes:
More info: http://www.wordpress.org