The Frog development team is pleased to announce that we’ve released Frog 0.9.5 stable. Some major changes went into this release which make this a significant step towards a 1.0 release.
We would like to highlight some items in the changelog:
For plugin developers, it will be interesting to note that a number of API calls were added that will simplify the work of creating a plugin and should generally speed up development. These are:
- Plugin::isEnabled($plugin_id) (allows for basic plugin dependancies.)
- getSetting($var_name, $plugin_id)
- setSetting($var_name, $value, $plugin_id)
- setAllSettings($array, $plugin_id)
We also added a new core plugin called “skeleton” to help out new plugin developers by setting up a basic plugin as an example.
In other news, we’ve added a translation template generator to help out translators with translating Frog core and plugins. Please see the comment & link on the right side of the Language selector in the Settings tab of the Administration section in Frog.
We’ve also removed the split that existed between the frontend and backend in Frog 0.9.4. We also fixed a long standing problem with GET variables not being available in Frog’s frontend.
Lastly but certainly not least, we’ve changed the license to GNU General Public License version 3 for Frog and all of its core plugins. Frog uses the GNU GPL with an exception for plugins which allows plugin developers to choose a different license for their plugin under certain conditions. Please see exception.txt in Frog’s root directory for the full text.
Please see the download page.