Cotonti is the name of Content Management System (CMS), but it is so flexible and easy to customize, that you may feel free to call it Content Management Framework (CMF) as well. So it is a piece of software and design to power websites.
- Free of charge. Open source code. Community driven.
- Secure and Reliable.
- Fast and Lightweight
- Modular and extensible with Modules and Plugins.
- Layout separated from logic. Templates render fast, no PHP skills required.
- Client-side magic with on-board jQuery.
- Easy to understand, easy to customize.
Standard package includes:
- The Core libraries.
- Customizable Category tree for Pages.
- Personalized User Profiles and Settings.
- Powerful built-in Forums module.
- Private Messaging system.
- Ability to start polls in various areas.
- Personal File Storage module.
- RSS feed generator for news, forums, pages and comments.
- Tags for pages and forums.
- Handy bbcode editor called markItUp!.
- Customizable extra fields for pages, user profiles and lots more.
- Tools for migrating from Seditio.
- Localizations for 2 languages. Others can be obtained from the site.
Despite having features such as user accounts, content creation, file management and community tools out of the box, it can be easily extended using modules or plugins. Cotonti is powered by its own template engine which is both fast and easy to learn, even if you are not an experienced programmer.
Open Source License:Creative Commons license