TYPOlight Open Source CMS is a powerful web content management system that specializes in accessibility (back end and front end) and uses XHTML and CSS to generate W3C/WAI compliant pages. It was developed by Leo Feyer in 2004 and has been released under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL). Here are some prominent features that make TYPOlight stand out from the variety of content management systems.
The state-of-the-art structure of the system offers a high security standard and allows you to develop search engine friendly websites that are also accessible for people with disabilities. Furthermore, the system can be expanded flexibly and inexpensively. Easy management of user rights, the Live Update Service, the modern CSS framework and many already integrated modules (news, calendar, forms, etc.) have quickly made it one of the most popular open source content management systems on the market.
* Live update feature
* Graphical user interface
* Accessible XHTML strict output
* Multi-language support (character set UTF-8)
* CSS framework builder (IE7 compatible)
* Built-in file manager, search engine and form generator
* Multiple back end languages and themes
* Front end output 100% template based
* Versioning and undo management
* Web 2.0 support (e.g. lightbox)
Open Source License:Creative Commons license