phpWebSite provides a complete web site content management system. Web-based administration allows for easy maintenance of interactive, community-driven web sites.
phpWebSite's growing number of modules allow for easy site customization without the need for unwanted or unused features. Client output from phpWebSite is valid XHTML 1.0 and meets the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative requirements.
Founded and hosted by the Web Technology Group at Appalachian State University, phpWebSite is developed by the phpWebSite Development Team, a network of developers from around the world. phpWebSite is free, open source software and is licensed under the GNU GPL and GNU LGPL.
phpWebSite allows an individual or group to easily maintain an interactive, community-driven web site. A brief summary of features is outlined below:
- Easy, web-based administration - minimal computer experience is needed to maintain site content.
- Moduler design and developer API reduces redundancy.
- CSS based layout.
- User and group permissions on the module and content item level.
- Flexible layout control - site page layout can be changed at anytime.
- Content indexed between modules.
- Interactive content - visitors can post comments, submit blog entries and more.
- Full featured event calendar - post events in multiple schedules.
- Includes a selection of wysiwyg editors including
- Simple urls with ability to create shortcuts addresses to your information.
- XHTML and WAI compliance - we are committed to meeting XHTML 1.0 specifications by our 1.0 release. Current errors are minimal.
Open Source License:Creative Commons license